The Cherwell Community Bank (CCB), which is a Credit Union, has just been launched (July 2014) to offer residents an alternative way to manage their money, and to bank with a not-for-profit organisation that uses its profits to give members an annual dividend. More than a million people in Britain are already members of a credit union.
Where to sign up?
The first place in Cherwell to sign up is the Banbury Citizens Advice Bureau.
Soon you will also be able to sign up at The Sunshine Centre in Edmunds Road, Banbury, and other places will soon follow.
How will joining benefit me?
– Good rates of interest on your savings
– Low interest rates if you take out a loan
– Free life insurance on your savings and loans
– No regular bank charges
– A friendly, professional and local service
– An ethical and safe alternative to high street banks.
For further information:
If you want to know more about credit unions, please contact:
You can also find out more about credit unions on the Money Advice Service website